In Good Company:
Optimal Aging Challenge Winner
In Good Company Winners and Sponsors: (Back row from left) Dyan Finkhousen, GE Geniuslink; Joseph Coughlin, MIT AgeLab; Yifan Lu, MIT AgeLab; Governor Baker; Tom Grape, Benchmark; Reem Yared, HelpAroundTown; Eileen Connors, Governor's Council to Address Aging in MA; (Front row from left) Lisa Ralph, GE Global Operations; Janet Seckel Cerrotti, FriendshipWorks; Kendra Seavey, care.coach; Sarah Gunawan, Share Kitchens; EOHHS Secretary Marylou Sudders; EOEA Secretary Alice Bonner.
CLINICAL RESEARCH & PUBLICATIONS
- Nierenberg, C., Rosario, C., Maney, K. (2019). Improving Participant Satisfaction and Quality of Care With Engagement Technology. LeadingAge, Center for Aging Services Technologies (CAST).
- Wang V, Galea VP, Galea M. Digital Avatars for Psychosocial and Integrative Health Support of Veterans with Spinal Cord Injury. 1st International Conference on Teleneurorehabilitation. May 2019. Crotone, Italy.
- Leung, E., Seavey, K., Wang, V., Curry, S., Broderick, E. (2018). Digital Companions Improve Psychosocial and Behavioral Health Support for Older Adults. Presidential poster presented at American Geriatrics Society Annual Scientific Meeting.
- Wang, V., Wang, B. (2018). Culturally Adaptive Digital Avatars for Psychosocial and Self-Management Support of High Risk Elders. Poster presented at Aging in America 2018.
- Wang, V.H.S. & Osborne, T.F. (2017). Social Robots and Other Relational Agents to Improve Patient Care. In: Chau, D. & Osborne, T.F. Eds. Using Technology to Improve Care of Older Adults. Springer Publishing Company.
- Seavey, K. & Wang V.H.S. (2017). Integrating Innovative Technology in the Home to Provide Enhanced Continuity of Care and Decreased Healthcare Costs for Older Adults. Poster session presented at National PACE Association Annual Conference, Boston, MA.
- S. Wexler, L. Drury, C. Pollak. (July 2017). Tablet-based Technology Intervention to Improve Outcomes in Hospitalized Older Adults. Innovation in Aging.
- Wang, V., Wexler, S., Drury, L., Wang, B. (2018). A Protocol-Driven, Digital Conversational Agent at the Hospital Bedside to Support Nurse Teams and to Mitigate Delirium and Falls Risk. Connected Health Conference, Iproceedings.
- Wang, V., Wexler, S. (2018). Digital Bedside Avatars Psychosocially Support Hospitalized Elders and Mitigate Delirium and Falls in a Community Teaching Hospital in Queens, New York. Oral presentation at American Delirium Society 8th Annual Conference.
- Demiris, G., Thompson, H.J., Lazar, A., & Lin, S.Y. (2016). Evaluation of a Digital Companion for Older Adults with Mild Cognitive Impairment. American Medical Informatics Association 40th Annual Symposium.
- Chi, N., Demiris, G., Thompson, H., Lazar, A., & Lin, S. (2016). The Usability of a Digital Companion Pet for Older Adults with Mild Cognitive Impairment. Gerontologist. 56 (Suppl_3): 566.
- Wang V., Luxenberg J, & Morey, R. (2016). care.coach: Healing the Patient by Supporting the Person. National PACE Association Annual Conference, San Francisco, CA.
- Machesney, D., Wexler, S.S., Chen, T., & Coppola, J.F. (2014). Gerontechnology Companion: Virtual pets for dementia patients. IEEE Long Island Systems, Applications and Technology Conference, Long Island, NY.