We are helping our health plan and state department customers to better support vulnerable populations living in isolation during the COVID-19 pandemic, and have capacity to serve additional at-risk populations.
What Happens When We Let Tech Care for Our Aging Parents
Jim named his dog Pony. The dog reminded him which of his daughters or in-person caretakers would be visiting that day...Often she’d read poetry aloud, discuss the news, or watch TV with him. “You look handsome, Jim!” Pony remarked after watching him shave with his electric razor.
In Good Company:
Aging in Place Innovation Showcase Attracts Creative Ideas
Meet Bella, a digital pet caring for the elderly with purrs and companionship
Clinical Research & Publications
- Hannahoe, K., Davis, K. (2021). Increasing Social Engagement through a Digital Avatar during COVID-19. LeadingAge Center for Aging Services Technologies (CAST).
- Galea M, Jones A, Simelane J, Galea V, Wang V. (2020). Digital Avatars for Psychosocial and Integrative Health Support of Veterans with Spinal Cord Injury. Academy of Spinal Cord Injury Professionals, Educational Conference & Expo (virtual). Poster.
- Bott, N., Wexler, S., Drury, L., Pollak, C., Wang, V., Scher, K., & Narducci, S. (2019). A protocol-driven, bedside digital conversational agent to support nurse teams and mitigate risks of hospitalization in older adults: case control pre-post study. Journal of medical Internet research, 21(10), e13440.
- Nierenberg, C., Rosario, C., Maney, K. (2019). Improving Participant Satisfaction and Quality of Care With Engagement Technology. LeadingAge, Center for Aging Services Technologies (CAST).
- Wang V, Galea VP, Galea M. Digital Avatars for Psychosocial and Integrative Health Support of Veterans with Spinal Cord Injury. 1st International Conference on Teleneurorehabilitation. May 2019. Crotone, Italy.
- Wang, V., Wexler, S., Drury, L., Wang, B. (2018). A Protocol-Driven, Digital Conversational Agent at the Hospital Bedside to Support Nurse Teams and to Mitigate Delirium and Falls Risk. Connected Health Conference, Iproceedings.
- Leung, E., Seavey, K., Wang, V., Curry, S., Broderick, E. (2018). Digital Companions Improve Psychosocial and Behavioral Health Support for Older Adults. Presidential poster presented at American Geriatrics Society Annual Scientific Meeting.
- Wang, V., Wexler, S. (2018). Digital Bedside Avatars Psychosocially Support Hospitalized Elders and Mitigate Delirium and Falls in a Community Teaching Hospital in Queens, New York. Oral presentation at American Delirium Society 8th Annual Conference.
- Wang, V., Wang, B. (2018). Culturally Adaptive Digital Avatars for Psychosocial and Self-Management Support of High Risk Elders. Poster presented at Aging in America 2018.
- Wang, V.H.S. & Osborne, T.F. (2017). Social Robots and Other Relational Agents to Improve Patient Care. In: Chau, D. & Osborne, T.F. Eds. Using Technology to Improve Care of Older Adults. Springer Publishing Company.
- Seavey, K. & Wang V.H.S. (2017). Integrating Innovative Technology in the Home to Provide Enhanced Continuity of Care and Decreased Healthcare Costs for Older Adults. Poster session presented at National PACE Association Annual Conference, Boston, MA.
- S. Wexler, L. Drury, C. Pollak. (July 2017). Tablet-based Technology Intervention to Improve Outcomes in Hospitalized Older Adults. Innovation in Aging.
- Demiris, G., Thompson, H.J., Lazar, A., & Lin, S.Y. (2016). Evaluation of a Digital Companion for Older Adults with Mild Cognitive Impairment. American Medical Informatics Association 40th Annual Symposium.
- Chi, N., Demiris, G., Thompson, H., Lazar, A., & Lin, S. (2016). The Usability of a Digital Companion Pet for Older Adults with Mild Cognitive Impairment. Gerontologist. 56 (Suppl_3): 566.
- Wang V., Luxenberg J, & Morey, R. (2016). care.coach: Healing the Patient by Supporting the Person. National PACE Association Annual Conference, San Francisco, CA.
- Machesney, D., Wexler, S.S., Chen, T., & Coppola, J.F. (2014). Gerontechnology Companion: Virtual pets for dementia patients. IEEE Long Island Systems, Applications and Technology Conference, Long Island, NY.